Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Oh so busy!

Ah, sweet Magic.  The blog gets forgotten again in the swirl of life being busy, and you making me oh so tired.  4 out of 5 nights I end up falling asleep with BBV when putting him to bed because I am just worn out.  And so... here we are, weeks between posts. 

The good news... all kinds of good news.  Gestational Diabetes is not within my pregnancy diagnoses.  I have altered the way I eat... I am eating more protein, less pure carbs, hardly any sweets or desserts, and barely any junk food as well.  It's pretty boring.  Ha ha.  But, my weight is staying steady if not dropping, my blood sugar levels have remained healthy, and all other signs point to a healthy baby and mamma. 

I'm getting pretty excited about meeting you.  I'm doing stuff like prepping diapers, and washing newborn clothes.  Sadly, I discovered that all our pink newborn clothes are in a storage unit somewhere in Michigan, with no way of being accessed between now and your birth. Of course, we don't NEED pink stuff, even if you are a girl, but, goodness knows, I'm going to have to go out and pick up something just in case.  I'm not one to get carried away with the gendered stuff in general, but, there is a big difference between boy and girl clothes, and frankly, so much of the girl stuff is so fricking cute, that if I can buy some, I will.

31 weeks came and went, and I took some pictures.  I feel great.  You are getting heavy- that there pregnancy tracker says you've already reached small watermelon size, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  My belly aches sometimes, and putting my feet up at the end of the day is definitely a welcome treat.
 31 weeks pregnant 

I've been working on this blanket for you. I am in love with it.  It's what I call a random rainbow.  I am using 6 colors, each of which I have assigned a number 1-6.  I roll the die for each new row and it tells me which color comes next.  I'd say I'm about halfway done now.  Thankfully I still have plenty of time to work on it, and hopefully, once I get to Melbourne, the weather conditions will be slightly more conducive to crocheting.  It's been hard to work on it here sometimes with how hot its been.



Here's your family at present.  This weekend we had an extra day on our weekend, due to Lao Teacher's Day.  We went away just for one night to a hotel on a golf course.  Daddy J loves to golf, and he's trying to get the big kids into it.  Actually, BBV loves it too, but, he's still a bit wild to be let loose on a course just yet.  He has had fun at the driving range already.  Anyway, we managed a selfie of the whole family, which is not something we've managed in quite some time so, yay for us!


I can't wait for you to join our family and see just how you complete us.  It is very clear to me that you will complete us. It's at once hard to imagine and at the same time absolutely clear. 

No comments: