This is certainly a symptom I have never experienced before. Lately, I keep trying to breathe saliva. Clearly, I am not doing it on purpose. I noticed the first couple of times it happened it was at night. I would wake up with that awful feeling of having liquid go down the wind pipe. Terrible. Then I would lay there in bed trying to clear the air way and catch my breath.
Then, it started happening during the day! While I was eating! My biggest craving this pregnancy has been very, very, juicy, watery fruit. The other day I was eating a bunch of lychees when much of the juice of the fruit headed the wrong way, and I found myself gasping for air. Our wonderful nanny was in the kitchen with me and got quite worried. I was fine eventually, but geez!
I asked some friends about this symptom and no one else has ever heard of it. The internet said something about excess saliva while nauseous- but I haven't felt sick in weeks! *sigh* Babies like to keep us on our toes- before they've ever arrived!
So... mangosteen, rambutan, lychees, mango, dragon fruit.... I've been eating all of these in large quantities. A couple months ago it was apples. There was a short stint of a Dr Pepper craze. The worst day I think I drank 3 in one day. Yikes! Then I went out and bought a bunch of cans, and managed to have just one per day. It's about the carbonation, but it's also just the taste of Dr Pepper. I had one of Daddy J's Cokes with dinner tonight and it was no where near as satisfying. *sigh*
I'm still as convinced as ever that you are a girl, little Magic. I always stand to be corrected, but, I can hardly imagine it any other way.
In other big news, our tickets have been purchased for passage to Australia. BBV and I will depart Laos on October 20 to arrive in Melbourne on the 21st. Daddy J, BSB and BBZ will arrive on Dec 2. BBV and I will be living with Oma and Opa in Melbourne. And in very exciting news, they have agreed to a home birth! This is fabulous for our family, as it really suits myself as a laboring woman, and it means that all your siblings will be able to be present at your arrival. I have already contacted 3 different midwives, and all 3 have said that they could take me on as a client. So, now I have to choose the best fit. Not sure if I will be able to do that before we get there, but I will try.
I'm still not sure if I'm really feeling you move- but I am definitely having the ole Braxton Hicks contractions. Oh yes. Everything feels a bit different this time- I guess because for one, IT IS, but also, because I've never been this heavy this early in a pregnancy, and it just changes the way I experience the baby bump. So far, according to my home scales, I've lost weight since you were conceived, which is great- but, well, yeah, it just changes things. It's a different experience every time!
I continue to feel very clearly that you are our last baby. It doesn't make me sad to think about. I know I'll still want to cuddle every baby I ever see once you've grown bigger, but, I am also very clear that you are the completion to our family- whoever you are (boy or girl!).
No comments:
Post a Comment