Friday, May 11, 2018

We told the kids

After the ultrasound where we saw your heartbeat we decided to go ahead and tell the kids.  We did it the next morning while they ate their breakfast.  I told BSB that I sort of had another birthday present for her.  She said, "a hug?"  Nope.  "We're having another baby!" 
"You're pregnant?"
"Yep!"
"OH, I HOPE IT'S A GIRL I HOPE IT'S A GIRL I HOPE IT'S A GIRL!!!!"
Let's just say, it's pretty clear how BSB feels about it.  She went straight to school and started telling people as well.  She is so excited.  She spent that first day hugging me and talking to my belly.  Mostly she just kept saying, "I hope you're a girl!" 

BBZ didn't have much to say.  I think he mumbled something like, "Ok, I guess." 

BBV said, "no!"  I don't think he really understands at all.   Since last week I've been trying to tell him again and again, but, he mostly just smiles and laughs at me.  It's a good thing we've got time for him to get used to the idea as he understands it more.

Since we told the kids, it also meant coming out at school.  We knew that the kids would tell people, and we figured it was probably safe.   So we've shared quietly at school.  We've had a few funny comments, a bunch of, "wows" and a lot of congratulations. 

I keep telling everyone I'm the crazy one.  :) 

Looking forward to May 26 when we'll have the 12 week scan and hopefully get some good pictures.

No comments: