Monday, November 12, 2018

Surprise!

A couple weeks before BBV and I left for Australia, I was invited by my immediate teaching team for a night out.  It was supposed to be just us- myself and my two colleagues.  I had no suspicions and thought it sounded like a great idea.

Well, that's NOT what happened! I was COMPLETELY surprised when instead of just going in to find a table for three, I walked in on a long, long table full of ladies from school for a surprise baby shower.

It was a really nice night surrounded by friends.  We played the game where you're not allowed to say "baby".  Everyone attending had a guess at the birth date and birth weight.  They also suggested names.  We ate dinner together, and I got to open a few presents.  I was COMPLETELY overwhelmed by the generosity of my friends.  We were gifted enough to pay for my much-needed breast pump and a new car seat.  Amazing!

Here are the photos!











Fourth babies don't always get celebrated the way first babies do.  I felt very lucky to have such great friends, happy to share in this joyous time with me! Thanks again, ladies! 

No comments: